Thursday, August 2, 2012

File Cabinet Side Table and Photo Wreath


My bad~~didn't get some before pics but in a hurry to restock the booths.  Here's my metal file cabinet a.k.a. side table; painted aqua. 

And~~I bought a set of glass cannisters for $5.00; repainted the lids and wood base white; added gray stenciled numbers; and two metal handles~~



So here's where I messed up~~

I removed the hinged lid top of the filing cabinet: going to make a tray~top from wood that will sit down on top of the metal structure (the idea is to use the top also as a tray and store items beneath it)
~~ HOWEVER~~not being a great carpenter~~my measurements were off just a tiny bit~~dang!

~~so on to "PLAN B"~~





I already restructured this wooden piece into something else (and I think it turned out so sweet~~will post it when I complete it)~~and since I goofed this up for the cabinet top~~having my husband cut more boards for me with "better measurements"~~





I'll post it when I get it all fixed up and corrected!  Now, I'm behind again with more projects related to goof~up!




You know those metal wreaths (found at craft stores)~~

I bought a used one on the very cheap; painted it and some clothes pins~~




Bought some vintage photos from Ebay for my displays at the booth; will use a couple of them on this metal wreath (a.k.a. unique industrial~looking photo holder ;)









Tomorrow will get started on the table~top~tray for the cabinet (have painted the metal rollers for the bottom too~~didn't picture those)~~I think it'll turn out okay; sometimes goofs turn into other projects for a good reason~~

Thanks for peeking in; I'm off to see what you've been up to!

~patty~

8 comments:

  1. Hey, Love them both! That "blue" is so poplular! thank you for sharing! Have a blessed weekend!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and the wreath is pretty for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty...love this piece, especially the jars, and what a pretty wreath. Great job...so far! Lol. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the wreath that way. Now I'll have to be on the lookout for one of those at Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just found yor blob and love it. I`m your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article about File Cabinet. I really like your blog very much and also share this article with my friends and keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete