Monday, November 22, 2010

Tree Topper Stars Vignette

I find these star-shaped tree toppers everywhere right now; really cheap in thrift stores and local Dollar Tree.  Here's my take on using them for other than the "top of the tree":
I found a half dozen of these darling stars in different shops "on the cheap" (talking 25 to 50 cents!); and here's one I used for vignette--tucked behind a mini frosted tree.

Hobby Lobby had some sweet Christmas floral picks with birds--they have that vintage look about them; the one above I used in an antique ironstone gravey boat.

Found two darling vintage Santa's; porcelain knick-knacks--


Here's more of my tree-topper stars!!  That old porch lantern I found at thrift shop for $4.00; gutted out the electrical--put in a tree-topper-star!  Nested beside this is ANOTHER STAR--looked sweet in a huge wicker basket.  Small vignette outside my side-door to the house---

Got to have a big bow on a basket!  ----and some big pinecones.

There's my old toboggan I painted white--drapped some garland and added the vintage ice skates. 
I'm loving those stars! Sending this over for Vintage Friday with Debra at Common Ground: http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe those stars are so cheap! I am going to have to search for some. I love, love, love the Christmas vignette you created on your porch. It looks like it is out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT festive vignette you created! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful decorations! The stars look so great! Hopped over from Vintage Inspiration Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What very beautiful decorations and great ideas. Didn't want to go out on Black Friday, but your post is putting me in the mood to go look for decorations. I'm your newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the porch vingette.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Vignettes ~ How Clever to put the star light inside the old lantern....
    Cheryl ~ ZM

    ReplyDelete